20/01/2011

A Tilda Calendar!

Good Morning!
I had been meaning to make a calendar for 2011 like I normally do each year but I just couldn't find the energy to do a page each this time so I had a little think and came up with an alternative! I thought of making an Easel Card style Calendar but using various Tilda's to represent different occasions throughout the year so it didn't look too plain.

In the end I came up with these 4 Tilda's and masked them together (This took me a little while to figure out how to place each character lol)

* Tilda carrying Birthday Cake - My Birthday
* Witch Tilda sitting with Broom - Halloween
* Star Tilda - Christmas
* Tilda with Hearts - Valentines

I do hope you like this as it took me quite a while and almost ended up in the bin when I dropped something on the image when the gloss was drying ... grrrr !!!

My calendar fits in the Challenges at:

WILD ORCHID CRAFTS - LET'S GET SENTIMENTAL
JUST MAGNOLIA & HANGLAR - MY FAVOURITE THINGS
(Everything I have used is my favourite! lol)
STAMP SOMETHING - ANYTHING GOES
TOP TIP TUESDAY - ALL SENTIMENTAL
SIMON SAYS STAMP - BINGO!
(I chose Gems, Glitter/Glimmer & Ribbon)

The photographs again don't do it justice ... I don't know what is wrong with me recently but I am really struggling to take decent photographs :(





RECIPE:
Various Magnolia Tilda Stamps
Magnolia Paper
Cuttlebug 'Snow' Embossing Folder
Various Ribbons
Roses from Wild Orchid Crafts
Shimmer Spray
Twinklets
Calendar Tab by Anita's
Heart Doily
Vanilla Dew Drips

I hope you have enjoyed looking and all comments I receive really are appreciated, I love reading your thoughts on my work :)
Happy Crafting!
xxx

16 comments:

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

what a great calendar.
loving all the images and the soft colors!
Claudia

Mags said...

This is amazing! Your masking is brilliant, all those Tildas look so good together!

luv, Mags x

Karen said...

OMGOSH!! Your calendar is very spectactular!! I love everything about it, and your masking must have taken ages and ages!! Thanks so much for joining in this week at MDUC
Hugs
Karen
xxxx

Rach said...

Nat this is a fantastic idea and looks amazing.xx

Elaine Stark said...

Stunning calendar, lots of lovely detail. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Hunnybunnycards said...

This is gorgeous Natalie, a work of art, so pleased it didn't end up in the bin!!

Hugs, Barbaraxx

Basteltiger´s Welt said...

What a cute and adorable idea.
I love it.

Hugs, Nadine

Mina said...

stunning work Natalie, I love calendars now if I could just get on with making one myself lol...thank you so much for your beautiful Birthday card it was so nice of you to think of me...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia & hAnglar challenge
Mina xxx

Janiel/ janny said...

oh oh my this is soooooooo CUTE!!! I love all of the images that you have put together!! Get masking dear! AMAZING work of art!!

Thanks for joining us at MDUC and Magnolia Highlites..
hugs, Janiel

TaraG said...

WOWZERS!!!! Absolutely stunning, Natalie! I love the grouping of sweet Tildas that is such a fabulous scene...I wish I could jump in there and join them all! Such beautiful soft colours...who wouldn't love to have this calendar on their desk...I know I sure would!
Thanks you so much for joining us at MDUC!
Hugs,t

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Great project! Your coloring is amazing. Thanks for playing with us this week at TTT! :)

Caroljenks said...

Beautiful - those Tildas look great all together - great job.

Thanks for joining us again this week over at Top Tip Tuesday for our 'All Sentimental' challenge :)

Carol x

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

What a great card/calendar - just look at all those Tildas !

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week.

Hugs,

Jo x

Maggie's Crafts said...

That's fab!

Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday @ http://toptiptuesday.blogspot.com/ Please come back on Tuesday for another brilliant tip! :)

Maggie

xx

Stampin Mindy said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! I just love all the Tildas. Masking is so addictive let me tell you! I've masked every card in the last few months I love to get different looks. Beautifully done!

Thanks so much for joining us at Wild Orchid Crafts this challenge!

Hugs, Mindy

Dannii said...

Beautifully stunning, truly gorgeous x