14/10/2013

Joanna Sheen - Criss Cross Card Tutorial!

Good Morning!
Over the last few weeks each member of the Design Team over at the JOANNA SHEEN challenge blog have been taking it in turns to each write a tutorial for the readers. Today sees what I created for this going live so here is my tutorial for making a Criss Cross Card! Now I will be the first to admit that I am not the best person to explain how to do something so please bear with me! lol

Before I start though as promised here is a look at the tag that I didn't include yesterday, using the technique of 'Faux Cracked  Glass'.

 To start off with you will need 2 Square card blanks that each have one side cut on a diagonal angle.

Select one of the card blanks to apply some double sided tape to and attach the other one on top so that it looks like like this ...


Using a bone folder fold the sides in on themselves.

Decorate with card stock and Design papers.

Seal the sides down along the edges using either tape or glue. I have chosen to trap a doily between the layers to add interest.

If you would like something to write a message on mount some white cardstock and slot it in the 'pocket'. I liek to add an eyelet and ribbon to mine.
  
Add your main image to the front of your card and embellish!

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:
SIMON SAYS STAMP - USE A RUBBER OR CLEAR STAMP
HOBBY HOUSE - ROSES




INGREDIENTS -
Joanna Sheen House Mouse Stamp
LOTV Papers
Flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts
Cheesecloth, Paper Doily, Ribbon, Dew Drops, Eyelet & Glitter
Ranger Glossy Accents & PVA Glue


INKS USED -
Memento Ink - Tuxedo Black
Copic Ciao Markers - C1, C3, E21, E31, R11 & B93

I do hope you will give this type of card a try!
Thanks for popping by,
HAPPY CRAFTING!
XXX

6 comments:

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Nat thank you so much for this I have been wanting to do a criss cross card for ages but didn't know how to, so am going to make one today now. Beautiful card so pretty love the image. think I might use one of the stamps you sent me with some of the flowers. Love Alison xxx

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous design for a card, love the colours and perfect use and placement of those gorgeous HH Roses, thank you for joining us at the Hobby House Challenge
Hugs Kate xx

Sharon said...

Another gorgeous card. Thanks for the tutorial, I think I'll give it a go! Sharon x

Sandra H said...

Fabulous card and tutorial thank you for sharing this x

Lin said...

What a darling card! And a great tutorial to go with it - thanks for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Debbie said...

A beautiful card Nat. I love this fabulous image. x