18/10/2014

Totally Gorjuss - Show A Feather!

Good Morning!
Before I start I'd just like to quickly mention that I added MORE ITEMS to my Craft Items for Sale page yesterday, so if you fancy a bargain take a peek!

This week's challenge at the TOTALLY GORJUSS CHALLENGE BLOG is 'Show A Feather!' As soon as I saw this challenge I knew exactly what to use, I hadn't used my feather stamps for almost a year so it was a good excuse to dig them back out!

I decided to go for a C&S style to keep all the focus on the delicate feathers. I also used the Technique of 2nd & 3rd Generation Stamping which is where you carry on on stamping a second and third time without re-inking the stamp. Resulting in a gorgeous faded effect.

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:
SIMON SAYS STAMP & SHOW - O IS FOR ... 
OMBRE & ODD NUMBERS
CUTE CARD THURSDAY - ONE LAYER CARD



INGREDIENTS -
Hero Arts Feather Stamp Set
Penny Black Sentiment Stamp
Silver Sprinkles by Doodlebug


INKS USED -
Archival Ink - Watering Can

Thanks for popping by,
HAPPY CRAFTING!
XXX

3 comments:

Sandra H said...

So pretty!

Unknown said...

This one is so great... :) Love the way the feathers look and that lovely sentiment to go with them...

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This card is so absolutely unique and creative! I've never seen anything quite like it! I'm a color-holic, so I admire artists who can pack a punch with such a simple color palette. You nailed it! The ombre effect on those feathers was so lovely and gave the card such a sense of movement. It is elegant and perfect in every way and I'm so glad you shared it with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!