06/12/2010

Edwin Decorating The Tree!

Good Morning!
I hope you all had a lovely weekend and kept warm!
Mine didn't go quite to plan but I did manage to get a card made for you all.

Last week I was one one of the winners on the Bunny Zoes Crafts Blog Hop so I got to choose a stamp for myself! In the end I settled on Lighting Edwin as he is such a cutie don't you think?
After choosing him I had the bright idea that combining him with Christmas Tree Stamp would be a good idea so I ended up buying that too lol Well they both arrived yesterday (Yes we had post on a Sunday !!! Must be busy due to all the snowfall) so i finally got the chance to put it into practise.

This card fits the Challenges at:

JUST MAGNOLIA - ANYTHING GOES + SPARKLE

I have had to use the technique of Masking for this could, you can find a tutorial HERE.

To give a more snowy feel I embossed the edges of the embossed paper to give it a snow effect using white embossing powder.


I added stickles to the plan snowflakes to give them extra sparkle completing with an acetate covered in twinklets snowflake.
I then finished off by some sprigs using my new Martha Stewart Punch!


Lastly here is a closeup of Edwin and the Tree.


RECIPE:
Lighting Edwin & Christmas Tree Stamps
Sentiment from Happy Daze
Magnolia Paper
Cuttlebug 'Snowflakes' Embossing Folder & Snowflake Die
Acetate
Twinklets
Stickles
Dew Drops
Ribbon from Dovecraft

Just before I go I would like to say a quick Thank You to Carrie who gave me an award at the weekend as she finds my blog inspiring :)
I received this award previously a couple of weeks ago so I am unable to pass it on again.
However Thank You so much I really appreciated receiving it and I am glad my cards help give you inspiration!

Happy Crafting!
xxx

4 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh fabulous card, love the cute Edwin.
luv
Debby

♥Gemma♥ said...

Its fantastic hunni....its reminds me of hubby when he put up our christmas tree as he had the lights wrapped around his leg too and nearly landed on his backside lol
hugs and xxx

Dena said...

OMG That is so adorable putting the little tree with him! What a great card!
Thanks for joining the Just Magnolia Challenge this week!
Hugs, Dena

Terry said...

Thank you for playing along with the DT from SS and with my sketch. I just love what you did with it. I just love it. Hugs Terry xxxx