15/06/2013

Road Hog!

Good Morning!
As mentioned yesterday I am on a roll with Father's Day cards this week, here is another!
I decided to go down the Clean & Simple route for today's card and use one of my all time favourite Penny Black Stamps! This actually must be the first time I have used one of these stamps without colouring it in. I hope you like it! 

To create this card I simply stamped my image in a light coloured ink in the centre of some white card stock. Then using some Alphabet stamps wrote 'Fathers' in a bright coloured ink right over the top! The words 'Happy' and 'Day' were actually parts of 2 seperate sentiment rubber stamps but I liked the look of mismatched styles of text. I finished the card by embellishing and mounting onto cardstock.

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:
SIMON SAYS STAMP - TRANSPORT




INGREDIENTS -
Penny Black Stamp 'Born Wild'
Penny Black 'Everyday...' Sentiment Stamp
Penny Black 'To You...' Sentiment Stamp
Tim Holtz 'Worn Text' Ahphabet Stamps
Tim Holtz Paper Twine
DOCRAFTS Gear Embellishment & A Button
Ranger Glossy Accents & PVA Glue


INKS USED -
Archival Ink - Coffee
Distress Ink - Old Paper & Fired Brick

Thanks for popping by,
HAPPY CRAFTING!
XXX

12 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Natalie :-) I love the whole CAS design of this ,, the uncoloured image looks FAB :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Sandra said...

Such a lovely card! The image is really cute. Love the button with the gear behind it. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

rachel said...

wow Nat - never seen that stamp before - its wonderful xx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous cas card Natalie. I love the PB hedgy....another one for the wish list!!
Have a lovely weekend
Lorraine x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card.

Hugs Riet.xx

rosie said...

gorgeous card. love the colours x fab layout

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Wow gorgeous card, love the mix match words pure genius. Love Alison xx

Janice said...

This is brilliant, kinda CAS and very lovely, Jx

Melissa Bove said...

Great card!! Love that image and the overall design!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!


hugs...
Melissa

Monika Reeck said...

totally cute Image...love all the element on your card...a cute Card..like that Hedgy :)

I am also joining simon say challenge my card is number 198, would you mind to see it on my Blog, and I would be so glad if you could leave me some love, thanks before, big hugs, Monika

Whisper said...

Oh absolutely super hun and i'm so loving that great gear button too.

Thanks for joining us at PB & More and good luck, Luv Sam x GDT

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x