30/03/2013

J&C Creations - Bumper Size Spring Florals!

Good Morning!
Today's creation is a Tag that is larger than usual, for instance the tag that I've used on top of the base tag is the one I usually use of a size #8 and the base tag size is a #10. This tag is for the J&C CREATIONS BLOG where we have the theme of Spring Florals!
I have used a #10 Kraft Tag for my base tag.


I have used bright eye catching colours for our theme of Spring Florals!
To begin dab some Distress Paints in an assortment of colours over the tag, spray liberally with water and let the colours mix and bleed to create a marbled effect background. Once you are happy and have heat set the tag ink around the edges with Distress Ink.


Next I have used a circular sentiment stamp all over the tag using the Second and Third Generation Technique. This is simply stamping the stamp a second and third time after inking it up to give the stamped image different ink strengths .


For the next step I have got a #8 Manilla Tag, chosen a stamp and a Distress Ink and stamped directly in the centre. Whilst the ink was still wet I sprinkled some Clear Embossing Powder over the top. 
The great thing about Distress Inks is that they will hold onto Embossing Powders whilst wet! 
I then heat set the powder and I think that it just helps the image stand out that little bit more. You can also wipe off any excess ink that goes on top of the image after you have inked up the the tag with Distress Inks.


To complete this tag I spritzed some water into my hand and flicked it with my fingers onto the tag then heat set. This is called the Spritz & Flick Technique and gives a great finished effect!


Once I was happy with the finished tag I attached it to the larger tag with a piece of Cheesecloth on an angle using 3D Foam Tape.

To complete the whole tag I have embellished it with Flowers, Ribbon, Twine, Charms & Dew Drops! I fixed the Flowers and Dew Drops to the tag using Glossy Accents as I find that these hold the items a lot stronger.

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:
STAMPIN' FOR THE WEEKEND - ANYTHING BUT A CARD
SIMON SAYS STAMP - ANYTHING GOES
CUTE CARD THURSDAY - BRASS IN POCKET
(I have interpreted this by using Metal)



INGREDIENTS -
Tim Holtz 'Easter Blueprints' Stamp Set
Circular Sentiment Stamp by Happy Daze
Clear Embossing Powder
Tim Holtz Ideo-ology - Twine, Metail Pin & Jump Ring
Cheesecloth, Ribbon, Butterfly & Flower Charm, Glitter & Dew Drops
Ranger Glossy Accents & Liquid Pearls - White Opal


INKS USED -
Distress Paints - Bundled Sage, Picket Fence, Salty Ocean, 
Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed & Wild Honey
Distress Inks - Picked Raspberry, Salty Ocean & Mustard Seed

Thanks for popping by,
HAPPY CRAFTING!
XXX

11 comments:

tilly said...

what a beautiful tag, love all the fab colours
Tilly

cebelica said...

What a great idea to use tag on tag. I love the colours too. Hugs! xx

rachel said...

a tag on a tag - wat a neat idea - love the colours too xx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous tag, love all the bright colours.
Have a good weekend
Lorraine x

Anne said...

How gorgeous are these ...I love making tags so will be having a go at this x

Anne said...

How gorgeous are these ...I love making tags so will be having a go at this x

Unknown said...

Oh wow! So cool! I have blog candy if you're interested. I'm giving away a $25 Etsy Gift Certificate.

Heather said...

A beautiful tag Nat, wonderfully coloured, a beautiful blueprint and gorgeously embellished!!

Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Mandy said...

Gorgeous tags Nat,love the pretty colours, fab design too hun.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Gunn (Merete) said...

Love this one. Great colors and the flowers is such a fab detail.
Thanks for joining us at SFTW.

Deb said...

Fabulous tag!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
Debxx