11/03/2013

J&C Creations - Masking with Penny Black!

Good Morning!
Before I get onto today's card I just had to mention that last Mondays creation, a Magnolia Tag, came in the Top 5 at the Allsorts Challenge! It was a lovely surprise :)


This week I shall be focusing my posts at the J&C CREATIONS BLOG on a certain technique, Masking.  For those of you who do not know what this is here is an explanation ...
"Masking is the technique of covering a stamped image so that other images may be placed partly over it without the overlapping area being visable."

First off I stamped a flower once onto card stock and once more onto a piece of scrap. I then cut out the scrap piece to use as the 'mask'.

To make sure the other stamps don't go over the top of my flower I placed the mask on top of my stamped image.

I selected the smaller flower from the set and stamped on the lower left. 

Keeping the mask in place I stamped a leaf on the right and moved the mask on top of the other flower to allow myself to add another leaf on the opposite. Normally you would have needed to create another mask for the smaller flower but due to the shape of the petals the original one worked just fine!

To finish the image I chose to colour it with Distress Markers as I feel they work best on Flower Images due to being able to blend the colours and fade them out. I have used a Water Brush with my pens but your usual paintbrush should work just as well. I then added a Sentiment to the image which is also a Penny Black stamp.

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:
COUNTRY VIEW CRAFTS - PICK & MIX (ANYTHING GOES)
ALLSORTS - SPRINGTIME
CUTE CARD THURSDAY - SPRING FEVER
SIMON SAYS STAMP - A BIT O' GREEN





INGREDIENTS -
Penny Black T-Set 'Petal Party' & Sentiment Stamp
LOTV Papers
Flowers, Ribbon, Flower Charm, Glitter,
Dew Drops & Water Brush
Ranger Glossy Accents & Liquid Pearls - Bisque


INKS USED -
Archival Ink - Jet Black
Distress Markers - Peeled Paint, Shabby Shutters, Scattered Straw, Milled Lavender, Broken China, Tumbled Glass & Pumice Stone

Thanks for popping by,
HAPPY CRAFTING!
XXX

12 comments:

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card Nat.
luv
Debby

Wendy L said...

Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week. xxx

rachel said...

gorgeous card Nat xx

Sue said...

This is stunning Natalie. I love the colours
Thank you for a fabulous tutorial
Sue xx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Natalie. I love the flowers and fab colours.
Lorraine x

Monika Reeck said...

Natalie the colors on your flower really adorable...so soft and great colors.....beautifully done..good luck with the challenge

I see your card on Simon Say Stamp challenge...I also join the challenge there, my card is number 454, would you mind to see it on my blog...I would be glad if you could leave me some love too..many thanks before. Hugs, Monika

My name is Wynneth said...

What a fabulous card, so gorgeous and elegant - great images. Thanks so much for playing along with us on Cute Card Thursday this week.

hugs
wynneth
x

Tina said...

Pretty card Natalie, love the image. Tinaxx

Sandra H said...

Many congratulations Natalie your tags are stunning so l'm not surprised you was one of the winners......this is another of your beautiful cards its gorgeous x

buggin2stamp said...

Beautiful card. I love how you colored the flowers with the Distress Markers. I have some of those and never use them. I may have to get them out, you've inspired me. :) Thanks for joining us at The Sweet Stop this week.
Melissa

Lin said...

Beautifully done! (This is one of my favorite PB stamps) Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at the Simon Says Stamp "A Bit o' Green" challenge this week!

Robin Parker said...

This was so fun to see, thanks for sharing your technique. Thanks for sharing on The Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge.